Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Baby Receiving Blanket Using Cricut

Hey everyone!  (Don't forget to register for the blog candy on the post above) I found this awesome sewing site:  http://sewmuchado.blogspot.com/2009/05/ric-rac-receiving-blanket-tutorial.html and I followed the directions to make this receiving blanket.  The above picture is the blanket hanging up so you could see the whole thing.  I used Cricut Craft Room and the Hoot and Hollar cartridge for the owl applique piece on the blanket.  I sized it as large as I could and then I adhered Heat n bond to the back of the fabric.  Then I placed it on my mat,fabric side down.  I used the multi cut function and had it cut 3 times.  Then I ironed it on the blanket and used an applique stitch to go around it. 
Here is a close up of the face.  I used a scallop circle from nestabilities to do the eyes and the buttons are Stampin' Up.  The nose I cut free hand. 
Here are some close up pics of the edging on the blanket:

All the fabric and ric rac came from Jo Ann's.  Thanks for stopping by today and don't forget that I am giving away blog candy on the post above. 
Have a great day!

4 comments:

  1. Wendy,
    I love the blanket, you did a fantastic job on it! I am a little jealous that you are able to use Cricut Craft Room as I still waiting :)
    Great job
    Hugs,
    Stacy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wendy, this is fabulous! What a wonderful job you did!

    P.S. I don't know about anyone else but I'm definitely getting way toooo excited for the big day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wendy,
    That is fantastic!!! Owls are my favorite. Hope everything is going well with you and your belly.
    Ashlee

    ReplyDelete