Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Sweet Sixteen!

Hi Everyone!  I made this card last week for my stepdaughter's Sweet Sixteen Party.  We had a fun candy-themed party and she really loved these invites.  Here is another pic:
I used Mini Monsters for the sucker ( I just love it!).   I had just gotten that cartridge and I thought I wouldn't be using it until next Halloween but I was really wrong.  There are some great cuts on there.  :)  The card base is Early Espresso and the pink paper is Blushing Bride.  The patteren paper is DCWV.  Ribbon is  1/2" Poly Stitched Ribbon in Blushing Bride. I used Word to write in a circle around the sucker.  Here is the link where I found how to do that:  http://www.scrapbook.com/tips/doc/9864/45.html  I printed that on Crumb Cake card stock and then cut it out with my 2.5" scallop circle punch then layered on the rest of the sucker.  I also used the oval and scalloped oval punch for the sentiment.  The stamp set I used for the sentiment on the outside and for the "look who's turning..." on the inside is On Your Birthday. 

Thank you so much for stopping by today!  If you have any questions please feel free to leave a comment or send me an email.  I am still waiting for my CRICUT IMAGINE to arrive.  Shipping is slow with the holidays! :(  I will be sure to let you know when it gets here.  Have a great day!!!

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Wendy! What a fun and adorable card! She's going to really love it!

    ReplyDelete