Saturday, April 24, 2010

Volunteer Gift

Hi everyone! Yesterday I was working on something to give to my classroom volunteers sinced this week was volunteer appreciation week. I came up with an apple gift bag. The bag was cut at 5 1/2 inches using the inchbag from Tags, Bags, Boxes and more. The apple was cut at 3 1/2 inches from the new preserves cartridge. The bag is big enough to fit a gift card and some candy. I am going to try to do a video of this project sometime this weekend. I have been building a craft organizer for my craft room so I have been mostly in the garage. I will post pictures of it when I am done.

Here is a pic of the gift bag:


This next pictures shows how I attached the ribbon. The ribbon is BEAUTIFUL and I LOVE it. It is Stampin' Up!'s ribbon in Real Red. It is the 1" double stitched grosgrain ribbon (#115607). The bag was too slim for me to tie this thicker ribbon into a knot for the handle. So I punched a hole in each side of the bag and thread the ribbon through then sewed it with my sewing machine. This made the handle sleek and not bulky.


Supplies:
Preserves Cartridge
Tags, Bags, Boxes Cartridge
Stampin' Up! Real Red cardstock (#102482)
Stampin' Up! Handsome Hunter cardstock (#105122)
Stampin' Up! Kraft cardstock (which will soon be called Crumbcake) (#107070)
Stampin' Up! Small dots texture plate (#114152) With the Big Shot (#113439)
Stampin' Up! 1" Real Red Grosgrain Ribbon (#115607)
The yellow paper used for the box is K&Co Wild Saffron and the green band is basic grey.

Thank you so much for looking! Have a great day!

2 comments:

  1. Wendy,
    I love it and I know your volunteers will as well.
    Can't wait to see your cart organizer
    Stacy

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a very sweet gift bag. Your volunteers will really appreciate them, I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete